American Pharmacists Association/Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP)
APhA - ASP
The purposes and goals of APhA/ASP is to:
To encourage all student pharmacists to become more knowledgeable about APhA and the profession of pharmacy by:
- Providing opportunities for student participation in the decision-making process of the profession on the Chapter, State, Regional and National levels.
- Encouraging student attendance at Chapter, Regional and National APhA meetings.
- Increasing student awareness of current issues facing the pharmacy profession by means of programs, meetings, speakers, etc.
- Making information in all fields of pharmacy practice readily available to all student pharmacists and to support their pursuits in these areas.
To encourage development of all student pharmacists into knowledgeable and competent health care professionals by:
- Providing opportunities to develop leadership capabilities by holding APhA elected offices or being appointed to one.
- Continually encouraging the development of new ideas and projects, which will enhance each student’s individual education.
- Working with the administration and faculty members of each individual school/university in an effort to continually provide an innovative and progressive academic curriculum.
Dr. Henry Schwartz, Advisor, email@example.com, 215.596.8688
Dr. Karleen Melody, Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215.596.7208